White chocolate, blueberry and honey buns
There might not be anything better in this entire world than waking up to the scent of freshly baked sweet buns. Trust us – they’re worth getting up for.
There’s nothing like starting the day with a healthy, filling breakfast smoothie
- 7g sachet dried instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 110g unsalted butter, melted, cooled, plus 2 tsp extra to brush
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 2/3 cups (700g) plain flour
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 90g dried blueberries
- HONEY GLAZE
- 100g honey
- 50 g unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C. Place yeast and milk in a bowl with 1 tsp sugar and set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Combine lemon zest, butter, egg yolks and remaining sugar in a bowl. Place the flour and a pinch of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Add the yeast mixture and butter mixture, then knead for 8 minutes on medium-low or until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Turn off oven. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and place in the warm oven for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Knock back the dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 20cm x 45cm rectangle. Brush with 2 tsp melted butter and scatter evenly with chocolate and blueberries. Working from the edge closest to you, roll up dough to form a loose cylinder. Cut into 12 equal pieces and place, cut-side up, in a greased 23cm rectangular cake pan. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside for 25 minutes or until slightly risen. Brush with melted butter, then bake for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, for the honey glaze, place honey and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted.
6. Remove scrolls from oven and cool slightly, then pour over the honey glaze. Serve warm.