Lean protein in your diet is essential to weight loss and weight upkeep. Tuna fish is an excellent source of lean protein as it is lower in fat than blood-red meats.
- 1 (12 ounce) (350g) can white tuna packed in water, drained and finely flaked
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1. In large bowl, combine tuna, breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, milk, and lemon peel.
2. With lightly floured hands, form mixture into patties.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Cook patties, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm.
Add a small amount of flour and mix with a whisk to thicken sauce.
Spoon sauce over tuna patties and serve.
Makes 4-6 Servings
Approximate Nutrients per serving
Total fat: 1
Saturated fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 72 mg
Sodium: 34 mg
Carbohydrate: 18 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Dietary fiber: less than 1 gram
Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it’s tuna, but it says ‘Chicken of the Sea’
Losing weight isn’t about hunger, agony and disintegrate dieting! By learning to acquire, luscious, easy-to-prepare, healthful nutrient your figure needs and will enjoy losing load grows provoking and energizing.
Instead of high-pitched calorie, fatty generators- usage spices to provide flavorsome, arousing banquets your whole pedigree will enjoy.” Tuna Patties With Lemon Dill Sauce” is another recipe in a range of hunger-fighting, low fat recipes to assist you keep your weight under control. This irresistible , no-hassle meal will assist you contact your weight-loss purposes- while reaching mealtime a real treat.
Variety is an essential element of any successful health program. If you get bored with nutrients, you’re much more likely to vacate your platform wholly. Venture with spices to find provoking alternatives, try brand-new recipes and build your repertoire of quick home cooked banquets to replace take out, frozen dinners and snacks. Your form will love you and your family will be delighted.
These tuna fish patties are luscious hot or cold. They are great for the lunchbox- merely hold back the sauce.